Jack Harrisonjack harrison

Jack was a handsome, helpless 6 month old baby boy. Jack had parents that didn’t love and care for him. Instead they would beat and neglect their baby boy. Jack became very sick. They would not bring the baby in for medical treatment until it was too late. Jack would die from pneumonia. Jack had numerous small bruises on his face and head that were caused just days before. Jack was drastically underweight and later fractures to his legs, arms, and ribs would be found. The injuries were thought to be from 2 to 12 weeks old. Both of these terrible people only had to spend 3 years in jail for this.


Parents jailed for allowing their six-month-old baby to die of pneumonia By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 6:08 PM on 15th December 2008

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share The parents of a baby boy who was left to die from pneumonia have today been jailed for child cruelty.
Six-month-old Jack was already seriously ill and drastically underweight by the time his parents sought medical advice and he died of pneumonia in November 2006.
Baby Jack died after being neglected by his parents
When Jack died, he was also found to have a number of non-accidental fractures to his arms, legs and ribs, ranging from two to 12 weeks old.
A number of small bruises caused up to 48 hours before his death were also found on his face and head, which the pathologist deemed were most likely to have been caused by poking or prodding.
Today  Jack's parents Stacey Louise Taylor, 20, and Mark John Harrison, 27, of Chapel Court, Hyde, Greater Manchester, were jailed at Sheffield Crown Court after they were found guilty of child cruelty following a three-week trial.
Taylor was sentenced to three years for child cruelty plus one day for an unrelated drug offence after pleading guilty to possession of cannabis in relation to a drugs warrant carried out in May 2007, to run consecutively.
Harrison was sentenced to three years for child cruelty plus a further 12 months to run consecutively after pleading guilty to possession of cocaine and possession of cannabis with intent to supply in relation to the same drugs warrant.
Baby Jack's mother Stacey Louise Taylor and his father Mark John Harrison were found of child cruelty following a three-week trial

Baby Jack died of pneumonia in November 2006 at Tameside General Hospital.
Despite the fact his parents were aware that he had a low immune system and was drastically under weight, they did not seek medical attention prior to his death until it was too late, even though he was displaying clear signs of serious illness.
Today Detective Constable Kath McKenzie from the public protection investigation unit in Tameside said: 'How someone can deliberately harm a defenseless baby in any way escapes me, but what makes it worse is that his parents put themselves first before obtaining medical attention for their injured and sick little boy .
'Jack would have clearly been very ill in the lead up to his death but Taylor and Harrison did not take him to hospital or to a doctor, presumably because they were aware that the child's injuries would be discovered.

'Throughout this investigation they have been unable to explain how he got his serious injuries, insisting they were either accidental or they did not realise he was injured.
'The court has found this is not the case. Maybe one day Jack's parents will take responsibility for their son's tragic and preventable death.'

back to top

Thank you for visiting Unforgotten Children!