Caylee Marie AnthonyCaylee Anthony

Caylee Marie Anthony was only 2 years old when she passed away. There are many unanswered questions that come along with this case. Caylee loved to swim, was always smiling in every photo seen of her and was just a beautiful child all around. June 16, 2008 was the last time Caylee had been seen. It was not until July 15, 2008 that a missing persons report was made. It was not Caylee's momther but her grandmother that made the report after hearing her granddaughter had been missing for a month. Caylee's mother first said that she was kidnapped by a made up nanny and that she was conducting her own investigation. But she was not, she was out partying. She did not care about the disaperance of her daughter. After months of searching on Dec. 11, 2008 a skull was found. DNA testing came back as a positive match to be Caylee. Caylee's body was so decomposed that a cause of death could not be determined. It was later found that Caylee's mother knew where the body of her child was the whole time. Caylee's mother changed her story several times over the course of the years the investigation was going on. It is known that Caylee's mother is a pathological lier. The last story she told was that Caylee had drowned and that she tried to make it look like a kidnapping. Which she had already denied but changed her story to suit her needs to get off of murder.

As of 2011 Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty, by 12 jurors, in the death of her daughter. This caused enormous amounts of anger throughout the world. She is now known as the most hated woman in America. Some jurors have come forward to talk about why they had to say not guilty in this case. Though they believed she killed her daughter they felt the evidence was all circumstantial. One is noted to say he felt sick when they had to let her go.  

ABC NEWS Casey Anthony's Top 10 Lies Watch Video

The autopsy for slain toddler Caylee Anthony could not determine the cause of death for the young girl, but revealed that her head had been wrapped in duct tape from her chin to her nose.

Pink, glittery cloth letters that may have spelled out "Big" and "Trouble" were found near the skeletal remains, the autopsy report said.

The report, which was released today by Florida's Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, showed that duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's head, covering her mandible and maxilla, essentially from the bottom of her chin to over her nose.

"This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition," said the report.

The tape was still attached to the skull, holding the jaw in place, the report said.

The autopsy said it found no evidence of trauma on Caylee's tiny skeleton and no traces of drugs in her system.


Investigators spent more than a week combing through the wooded area where a meter reader had found the toddler's body on Dec. 11, 2008, just a few miles from the Caylee family's Florida home.

Plant life that had grown into and around the child's skeleton leads investigators to believe that the body had been placed in the area "months prior to being found."

"There is nothing inconsistent with the body being placed there soon after the day of being last seen alive," reads the report.

Two large black plastic trash bags and a canvas-style laundry bag were also found alongside the body as well as four groups of cloth letters that had a "glittery appearance."

The first group of letters spelled out "big," the second set spelled "trouble," the third set spelled "comes" and the fourth spelled "small." All of the letters are similar in appearance, according to the report, and were found with pink colored stitching that "appears to be from the seams and hems of a shirt."

Speculations on the Internet suggest that the letters came from a popular toddler shirt with the phrase "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages."

A "Winnie the Pooh" blanket and a pair of shorts labeled "Size 24 months" were also found at the scene by investigators.

The bones had apparently been scattered by animals and several pieces from the skeleton appear to have "postmortem animal activity evident" as well.



Caylee's Mouth and Nose Were Covered With Tape

Share18 CommentsPrintText Size- / +By EMILY FRIEDMAN (@EmilyABC)
June 19, 2009

Casey Anthony Is Charged With Murder
Caylee's mother, 23-year-old Casey Anthony, is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death and has pled not guilty, stating that the child's babysitter kidnapped the toddler.

State prosecutors have said that they will seek the death penalty for Anthony if she is convicted.

Seen just over a year ago at age 2, Caylee's disappearance wasn't reported until July 2008, nearly a month after she disappeared. Her remains were found in December, less than a mile from the home she and her mother shared with the toddler's grandparents.

Her death was ruled a homicide of undetermined means.

Orlando Judge Stan Strickland released the autopsy to the public despite emotional pleas from the deceased toddler's grandfather, who stormed out of court this morning at the news that the findings of the medical examiner would be released to the media.

"Please give us some peace and show us some dignity," said George Anthony, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

On ABC's "Good Morning America" Tuesday, the one-year anniversary of the last day George Anthony saw his granddaughter alive, the grandparents' lawyer said that the release of the autopsy would cause "great anguish" to the family.

 Caylee lived with her grandparents and her single mother, Casey, as seen in exclusive photos, many taken by Casey herself.

Following is a timeline of the events surrounding the little girl's disappearance and the investigation of her mother:

 June 16, 2008 Caylee seen for the last time. The little girl's grandfather George Casey later tells police that he saw Caylee as she was leaving the house on June 16. It is the last time Caylee is reported to have been seen alive.

 June 30, 2008: Casey Anthony's car towed. The family car Casey Anthony had been using was found abandoned in front of an Orlando, Fla., cash advance business and towed away. When the towing company called Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony, they became concerned. Casey reportedly had told her mother that she was going on a "mini-vacation" to Jacksonville, Fla. Cindy Anthony later discovered that her daughter had been staying with a boyfriend.

 July 15, 2008: Caylee Anthony reported missing. Cindy Anthony called 911 and said, "I found out my granddaughter has been taken, she has been missing for a month." Casey Anthony allegedly told her family and police that she had not seen her daughter for 31 days and had launched her own investigation. In one of three calls placed to 911, Cindy Anthony said, "I found my daughter's car today and it smelled like there's been a dead body in the damn car." Cindy Anthony later retracted that statement, and the Anthony family rallied around Casey. Casey Anthony's Top 10 Lies Watch Video
Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Murder Watch Video
Casey Anthony: Florida Reacts to Verdict Watch Video
July 16, 2008: Casey Anthony arrested. Casey told police that she left Caylee at the apartment of a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, and that both were missing when she returned. Police found, among other discrepancies with her story, that the apartment had been vacant for more than 140 days. Casey was arrested and charged with child neglect.

 July 22, 2008: New revelations at bond hearing. In a bond hearing for Casey Anthony, detectives revealed that they had found strands of hair that looked like Caylee's in the trunk of the Anthony family car, and that cadaver dogs had smelled human decomposition in the trunk. Bail was set at $500,000.

 July 22, 2008: Casey Anthony called "person of interest." Officials said Casey Anthony is a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance and they were treating the case as a potential homicide.


Search for Caylee Continues
July 24, 2008: Grandmother reports sighting of missing Caylee. Cindy Anthony told reporters that Caylee was spotted in Georgia, but police could not verify that claim.

 Aug. 9, 2008: Caylee's third birthday. Birthday came and went with no sign of the missing child.

 Aug. 17, 2008: Bounty hunter offers bond. The arrival of a Californian named Leonard Padilla added to the intrigue. A veteran bounty hunter with his own reality show, Padilla claimed he'd been contacted by Casey Anthony and would post her bond.

 Aug. 21, 2008: Casey Anthony out of jail again. Casey Anthony was released from jail after Padilla posted her bond.

 Aug. 30, 2008: Casey Anthony returned to jail. Casey Anthony taken into custody on new charges, including petty theft.


 Sept. 1, 2008: Police said they believe Caylee Anthony is not alive. The Orange County Sheriff's Office issued a statement saying that based on evidence that wasn't yet public and FBI tests, it believed "there is a strong probability that Caylee [Anthony] is deceased."

 Sept. 5, 2008: Casey Anthony released from jail.

 Sept. 25, 2008: Babysitter files lawsuit. Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the woman Casey Anthony reportedly named as a suspect in the case, filed a defamation lawsuit against Casey.

 Sept. 29, 2008: Casey Anthony returned to jail. Casey Anthony was arrested again and returned to jail on multiple charges including child neglect, lying to investigators, petty theft and use of a forged check, but wasn't charged in conjunction with her daughter's disappearance.


Casey Anthony: Mother of Missing Toddler Named Suspect
Oct. 2, 2008: Casey Anthony named a suspect in her daughter's disappearance.

 Oct. 14, 2008: Casey Anthony charged with first degree murder. Casey was also charged with aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and providing false information to law enforcement.

 Oct. 24, 2008: Police report evidence of body decomposition and chloroform in Casey Anthony's car.

 Dec. 5, 2008: Jail releases Casey Anthony's visitation videos.

Dec. 11, 2008: Skull found near Anthony home. Skeletal remains of a young child were found a half-mile from the Anthony's home.

 Dec. 12, 2008: Police "somewhat confident" it's Caylee. Police spokesman Carlos Padilla told ABC News police are "somewhat confident" the remains belong to Caylee Anthony.

 Dec. 16, 2008: Defense team is not allowed access to the crime scene during an emergency hearing. For the second time, Judge Stan Strickland denied a motion by Casey Anthony's defense attorney to gain access to the area where the bones of a child were found.

 Dec. 19, 2008: Caylee Anthony confirmed dead. Police announced that the results of DNA testing confirm that the remains found belong to the little girl.

 Dec. 19, 2008: Caylee Anthony confirmed dead. Police announced that the results of DNA testing confirm that the remains found belong to the little girl.

 Jan. 13, 2009: Tipster denies involvement in case. Roy Kronk, the utility worker who found Caylee Anthony's remains, dismissed suggestions that he was somehow involved in the toddler's disappearance.

 Jan. 23, 2009: George Anthony leaves suicide note., Police discovered the grandfather of Caylee Anthony despondent and possibly under the influence of medication and alcohol in a Daytona Beach, Fla., hotel, his attorney told ABC News. Police also discovered a lengthy suicide note that Anthony had apparently penned in the hotel.

 April 13, 2009: Prosecutors announced they plan to seek the death penalty for Casey Anthony. In a reversal, prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony. In December, the state's attorney's office filed court papers indicating that prosecutors would not seek the death penalty in connection with the first-degree murder case.

 June 16, 2009: One year anniversary of the last time George and Cindy Anthony say they saw their granddaughter.One year after Caylee Anthony's disapearance, George and Cindy Anthony's lawyer, Brad Conway, said the couple does not know the truth about what happened to Caylee, but he knows of no theory in which the Anthony's daughter and Caylee's mother Casey Anthony is above suspicion. He also said Casey Anthony would likely take the stand in her own defense at the trial, which could be at least a year away.

 June 19, 2009: Caylee Anthony's autopsy report released.

back to top


Thank you for visiting Unforgotten Children!