Anita Ortiz

Anita Ortiz was 3 years old. She lived with her brother, mother and her mother’s boyfriend in New York. Anita and her brother were left in the care of the mother’s boyfriend. Anita would be beaten to death. When Anita’s mother got home her boyfriend said he had found her unconscious. An autopsy report would reveal that Anita died from blunt force trauma to her torso. She also showed sign of neck compression, suggesting strangulation. It is thought that her killer beat her when he became frustrated with her.

No picture of Anita Ortiz could be found.


9:41 a.m. CDT, June 21, 2011
BRONX, N.Y. (WPIX)— Two children died from blunt force trauma in two separate incidents on Friday and Saturday, and two people have been charged with murder Monday.

Cops say 21-year-old Kim Crawford was arrested on Sunday for killing her 5-year-old son Jamar Johnson. Prosecutors say she beat Jamar for breaking the TV while he was playing Nintendo Wii.

Officers arrived to the Bronx apartment building, located at 634 East 227th Street, at 5:06 p.m. where they found young Jamar unconscious and unresponsive.

Jamar was pronounced dead later Friday night at Montefiore Medical Center. The Medical Examiner's autopsy ruled his death a homicide due to blunt force trauma causing internal bleeding to his torso.

Crawford was arrested and charged Sunday with second-degree murder and manslaughter. She is being held without bond.

Crawford has a long rap sheet of filled with drug and assault charges and a history of nine reported domestic insidents between her and Jamar's father from 2006.

In a separate incident, officers arrived to an apartment building located at 685 East 140th Street in the Bronx at 4:12 a.m. to respond to a call about a baby in cardiac arrest.

Cops arrested Bronx resident Edgar Alagrin, 26, on Monday for beating 3-year-old Anita Ortiz to death.

Alagrin, the boyfriend of Anita's mother, was apparently babysitting and became frustrated with Anita. He reportedly beat her to death and when Anita's mother arrived, Alagrin told her he had found Anita unconscious.

When officers arrived to the apartment, little Anita was unconscious and unresponsive. She was transported to Lincoln Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Young Anita's death was ruled a homicide following the Medical Examiner's autopsy and revealed she had died from blunt force trauma to her torso, as well as compression to her neck.

Alagrin has since been charged with murder and manslaughter.

back to top

Thank you for visiting Unforgotten Children!